PHASE-CONTROLLER GUI (Graphical User Interface)
A GUI (Graphical User Interface) application (written in JAVA)
allows easy to setup, monitoring, & control of
Wizardry's high-current Phase-Controller.
This GUI is used for factory-setup & calibration,
Here's a screenshot:
At the very top is
Near the top, in the section titled "RUN-TIME PARAMETERS", is the expected primary
- "BBC#", which selects which unit# the GUI is communicating with.
- Information about the selected unit, such as its firmware number.
- Buttons which select how much information is displayed by the GUI (here the "FACTORY", "ID/EEPROM", and "I/O" features are enabled).
- A pulldown-menu button, for selecting the serial-port used by the GUI to communicate with the unit.
Below that is the ID-EEPROM area, showing information which can be read-from and written-to
the EEPROM device which is in the external power connector, and which the device reads during
powerup, for example to determine its
- Setpoint values for both current, and duty-cycle (each channel can be run in either mode).
- Process (actual) values for both current & duty-cycle.
- Temperature info for each channel (used internally to perform overtemperature protection & auto-recovery).
- Some buttons which are handy for testing units ("CURRENTS=0", "DUTYCYCLES=100%", etc).
- Warning & status bits (i.e. error indicator booleans).
In section titled "FACTORY CALIBRATION/SETUP" are
- RS422-communications address ("BBC#").
- DEVICENET address ("DeviceNetID").
- Buttons to update the unit's firmware
- Buttons to save settings to EEPROM, init those settings from a database, etc.
- Setting boxes for values like BOX# (enclosure serial number), mainboard serial number,
maximum setpoint current, calibrations & trip-points, etc.
- For hardware diagnosis & repair, a number of raw internal logic inputs & outputs.